Shape the Future of B2B Logistics
Software Engineer II - Back End/Full Stack - Typescript
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Connected Freight is a technology startup funded and incubated by Shell Ventures; one of the first corporate venture funds to focus on reducing emissions. Connected Freight enables a network of retailers, suppliers, and logistics providers to have an integrated process for order, dispatch, and fulfilment of your deliveries. With Connected Freight as your logistics partner, you save time, money, and reduce your carbon footprint. This is accomplished in one secure, transparent, and convenient platform.
We have partnered with our parent Shell in order to help them digitize their Transport Management System (TMS) this SaaS platform is expected to be adopted by partners globally.
In order to ensure it’s success, we are searching for several experienced back-end, and full stack developers. You will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for front-end integration.
Please note: If you are applying for this job please mark @connectedfreight.com as safe with your email provider
Due to the current COVID-19 related visa/travel restrictions enacted by MOM and ICA, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone unable to work from Singapore due to visa/travel restrictions. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in Singapore by set date as expected. We're closely watching the situation and may adjust our position should restrictions be eased at a later date.
The candidate will work closely with the product and front-end team to design and implement web services that provide secure access to cloud-based systems.
- Be a key member of the agile engineering team and develop robust, fault-tolerant, scalable web services and systems to empower our operations.
- Implement web services, data processing pipelines in a highly configurable and flexible way.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement software architecture for high performing, scalable solutions for new business and operational processes.
- Drive improvements in CI/CD pipelines and implementing best practices to make the software development process enjoyable and efficient.
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Ability to develop software in Typescript, Java, C++ or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with test-driven development
We're a unique startup that has both the ability to work directly with senior leadership but also the structure that comes from being incubated by a Fortune 50 company. Your opinion will always be valued and you will have all the resources needed to do your best work ever. You will have the chance to solve some extremely complex problems with cutting edge architecture.
Connected Freight is constantly evolving with opportunities to learn and contribute in other areas than your respective area of expertise. We'd love to hear from you.