Business Development Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Connected Freight is a technology startup funded and incubated by Shell Ventures; one of the first corporate venture funds to focus on reducing emissions. Connected Freight enables a network of retailers, suppliers, and logistics providers to have an integrated process for order, dispatch, and fulfilment of your deliveries. With Connected Freight as your logistics partner, you save time, money, and reduce your carbon footprint. This is accomplished in one secure, transparent, and convenient platform.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic business? Then this could be the role for you! You will be joining an established, and fast-growing tech start-up with team members based across Southeast Asia. We are backed by one of the most globally recognized brands as our institutional investors and are on a mission to use technology to decarbonize and decongest cities globally.
Join us to lead the commercialization of our newest SaaS product for the Singapore market. You will be in the driving seat for Singapore, and as our pilot market, will have a large influence on the future direction the product takes.
Success in this role will see you hone the existing Software/Technology sales skills you bring and develop some new ones too. We’re looking for that special someone great at understanding customers’ problems, comfortable with using data to tell a story, is high-energy, and has a demonstrated ability to consistently close sales opportunities with B2B small-medium enterprises (SMEs).
Please note: If you are applying for this job please mark @connectedfreight.com as safe with your email provider
The candidate will work closely with the product and marketing teams to generate leads and continuously improve the product.
- Leadership and Culture
- Develop the long-term and short-term Sales goals for the Singapore market
- Bring a collaborative and hands-on approach to the team
- Contribute to a collaborative, problem-solving, customer-obsessed culture
- Build a local BD/Sales team for the Singapore market
- Lead generation and conversion of prospective customers in Singapore
- Deliver agreed performance deliverables for Singapore (e.g. P&L, market share, and customer satisfaction)
- Account management including contract management
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in operations management in road freight transportation
- 1-2 years of experience in B2B SaaS sales (including to SMEs)
- Proven track record in sales
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A structured problem solver with pragmatism and foresight
- Working knowledge of data analytics and performance metrics
- Both English and Mandarin speaking
We're a unique startup that has both the ability to work directly with senior leadership but also the structure that comes from being incubated by a Fortune 50 company. Your opinion will always be valued and you will have all the resources needed to do your best work ever. You will have the chance to solve some extremely complex problems with cutting edge architecture.
Connected Freight is constantly evolving with opportunities to learn and contribute in other areas than your respective area of expertise. We'd love to hear from you.