Shape the Future of B2B Logistics
Senior-Lead Software Engineer - React.js
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Connected Freight is a technology startup funded and incubated by Shell Ventures; one of the first corporate venture funds to focus on reducing emissions. Connected Freight enables a network of retailers, suppliers, and logistics providers to have an integrated process for order, dispatch, and fulfilment of your deliveries. With Connected Freight as your logistics partner, you save time, money, and reduce your carbon footprint. This is accomplished in one secure, transparent, and convenient platform.
This is a very interesting position with the potential to span two lines of business. The aforementioned land based logistics tech platform is complimented by our ocean going digitization efforts with Shell. Combined, these businesses represent the opportunity to increase efficiency on over 150,000 commercial vehicles/ vessels with an addressable market in excess of $500 million USD.
In order to build best in class applications we are seeking seeking a software engineer at the Senior to Lead level to join our team.
Please note: If you are applying for this job please mark @connectedfreight.com as safe with your email provider
Due to the current COVID-19 related visa/travel restrictions enacted by MOM and ICA, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone unable to work from Singapore due to visa/travel restrictions. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in Singapore by set date as expected. We're closely watching the situation and may adjust our position should restrictions be eased at a later date.
Play a key role in the design, development and implementation of data-driven, fault-tolerant, scalable web services and systems to empower our operations. You will be working with AWS Serverless, AWS Amplify, React, Redux and Ant Design Pro
Collaborate with designers to maintain and improve the regional websites, newsletter and various web applications.
Work directly across all functional teams (Client Development, Product, Marketing & Engineering) to provide front end engineering expertise to various digital projects.
- Software Engineering skills, ability to drive change and deliver projects in the startup environment of ambiguity and constantly changing priorities
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- Ability to build web and or mobile apps with little oversight
- Experience in automating UI tests and use of UI prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch and Adobe XD is a plus
- Proven ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies, programming languages and frameworks. Track record in implementing software best practices and improvements to software delivery process
- Strong problem-solving skill and ability to think out of the box
- Excited to work in a start-up environment and able to learn fast
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another quantitative field is preferred.
We're a unique startup that has both the ability to work directly with senior leadership but also the structure that comes from being incubated by a Fortune 50 company. Your opinion will always be valued and you will have all the resources needed to do your best work ever. Connected Freight is constantly evolving with opportunities to learn and contribute in other areas than your respective area of expertise. We'd love to hear from you.